Well, I liked his speech. I took it as someone trying to make a bad situation better. I can relate to David Foster Wallace since I try to make things as good as I can. I really like his example at the super market where he's having such a bad time after work but he doesn't realize that other people are having a day that is probably worse than his. This makes you think about other rather than being selfish. I really like the fact that he tries to get that into high school student's minds before they begin to think that the world revolves around them. The main thing is to make teens into smart adults who care about one another instead of only caring about themselves.
Do I disagree with anything? Well yes, you can't agree with everyone's ideas. Mr. Wallace says that people get tired of the same routine every day. I think that it depends how you look at it. Your day looks the way you make it look. If you feel like you eat the same thing daily, there are ways to switch up your meals and make your mornings or lunches more interesting. If you feel that you go straight home to sleep after work, Maybe you can do something else like go to the gym or hang out with friends.
David Foster Wallace is cool. He made me realize that I should keep other's emotions in mind and not be selfish when it comes to talking to people about whatever. I think that a lot of people should watch or at least listen to the speech because it gives you a different outlook on life. Maybe after a long day, you forget what is important to you and this speech can help with that.

No comments:
Post a Comment